The Benefice of St Mary’s Sixpenny Handley with
Gussage St Andrew and St Rumbold’s, Pentridge
The Benefice of St Mary’s Sixpenny Handley, Gussage All Saints and St Rumbold’s Pentridge take their responsibilities surrounding the safeguarding of children, young people, and adults who may be at risk very seriously, and works in partnership with the Diocese of Salisbury to ensure that we work in accordance with best practice at all times.
Policy on the Safeguarding of Children and Adults
- This policy will be reviewed annually to monitor the progress which has been achieved and any changing need.
- We recognise that everyone has different levels of vulnerability and that each of us may be regarded as vulnerable at different times in our lives.
- As members of this parish we commit ourselves to respectful pastoral care for all children and adults to whom we minister.
- We commit ourselves to the safeguarding of people who may be vulnerable, ensuring their well- being in the life of this church.
- We commit ourselves to promoting safe practice by those in positions of trust.
- The parish commits itself to promoting the inclusion and empowerment of people who may be vulnerable.
- It is the responsibility of each of us to prevent the physical, emotional, sexual, financial and spiritual abuse of vulnerable people and to report any such abuse that we discover or suspect.
- We undertake to exercise proper care in the appointment and selection of those who will work with people who may be vulnerable.
- The parish is committed to supporting, resourcing, training and regularly reviewing those who undertake work amongst people who may be vulnerable.
- The parish adopts the guidelines of the Church of England and the Diocese of Salisbury
- Each person who works with vulnerable people will agree to abide by these recommendations and the guidelines established by this church.
Our Safeguarding coordinator is
The Diocesan Safeguarding Coordinators are on: 07469 857888 / 07500 664800